OPPORTUNITY FOR DODGEBALL COACHES
Dodgeball is exploding onto the scene in Greater Manchester! A recent OFSTED research article listed dodgeball as the most in-demand sport in primary schools (Obesity, healthy eating and physical activity in primary schools, July 2018). We are offering casual coaching opportunities for Level 2 qualified British Dodgeball Coaches in Greater Manchester.
We are looking to hire several experienced coaches with a professional attitude to deliver dodgeball sessions to young people in school and community club settings. Hours will vary according to demand, so ideal candidates will have the ability to be flexible, have experience of dodgeball coaching or be an experienced sports coach looking to build more hours. Coaching are likely to be small at first but as the organisation grows, so will your opportunities. This is an ideal time to get involved in an exciting sport and organisation.
The ideal candidate will have:
- British Dodgeball Level 2 Dodgeball Qualification (or a Level 2 qualification in another sport & be prepared to complete a British Dodgeball Level 2 Coaching course).
- Safeguarding qualification.
- Emergency first aid training qualification.
- Enhanced DBS checks for community club settings. You will need to pay for one to represent British Dodgeball in school settings.
- Driving licence and access to a car.
- Previous practical experience in the delivery of sport and physical activity sessions to a variety of participants.
- Experience of coaching in a school, club or community setting.
Please refer to the full Job Description and Person Specification here:
How to apply:
To apply, please first check the job description and person specification to ensure you are a good fit and can be flexible as required for this casual role:
If you would like to apply for the role, and are willing to develop yourself as a coach in an exciting new sport, please send your CV and a short cover letter (500 words maximum) to Aden@britishdodgeball.com. Applications without evidence of a current level 2 qualification or previous experience of coaching in school and community settings will not be considered.
Appointments will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check.